MICHELIN X ONE LINE ENERGY™ D2 Pre-Mold Retread
Our lowest rolling resistance heavy truck drive retread to date, for truckload, long haul transportation. Designed for industry-leading fuel savings to lower total cost of ownership while providing exceptional traction for driver confidence.
WHAT IS RETREAD / RECAP?
The X ONE LINE ENERGY D2 Pre-Mold Retread, sometimes referred to as a recap, recapped tire or remold, is a tire tread used in the remanufacturing process of a worn tire. Utilizing Michelin Retread Technologies’ 9-step manufacturing process ensures retreaded or recapped tires meet new-tire manufacturing standards – protecting your bottom line and the planet. Having your fleet’s tires retreaded or recapped can help reduce the millions of tires that end up in landfills annually. Click here to find a Michelin Retread tire dealer near you.
WHY THIS RETREAD / RECAP?
EXCEPTIONAL FUEL SAVINGS
• New ultra-low rolling resistance levels designed to exceed SmartWay® and CARB requirements
• Compact Tread Design– designed for less tread squirm, providing energy conservation for fuel efficiency
LOWER COST OF OWNERSHIP
Designed to optimize Total Cost of Ownership with:
• Mileage performance
• Improved rolling resistance
• Inherent benefit of weight savings from New Generation Wide Based Singles
• Regenion Evolving Tread Design
– Provides stability in all weather conditions
– Delivers long lasting traction
– Straight, pass-thru grooves with evolving features appear later in tread life for long-lasting traction.
• Directional Design
– Provides improved resistance to irregular wear for driver satisfaction and long tread life
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Compact Tread Design – designed for less tread squirm, providing energy conservation for fuel efficiency.
- Directional Design – Provides improved resistance to irregular wear for driver satisfaction and long tread life.
- Regenion Evolving Tread Design – Straight, pass-thru grooves with evolving features appear later in tread life for long-lasting traction.
Michelin X ONE LINE ENERGY™ D2 Pre-Mold Retread / Recap graphic
REFERENCE MATERIALS - DOCUMENTS
Michelin Retread Technologies, Inc. National Limited Warranty and Enhanced Michelin X One Casing Warranty
Michelin Retread Technologies Quick Reference Tread Guide
Pre Mold Process
Also known as a "pre-cure" process. Tread rubber used in this process is molded and pre-cured by the tread rubber manufacturer, Michelin Retread Technologies (MRT). The appropriate tread is selected – design, width, thickness – and applied to a prepared casing. The casing is prepared by placing a cushion gum bonding layer between the tread and casing. The tire then moves to the chamber for curing.