MICHELIN® RETREAD TECHNOLOGIES
AN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY WAY TO PROTECT YOUR BOTTOM LINE
Retreading your tires is good for the environment and for your business. Discover a way to get the most out of your tires when you choose to embrace the retread process.
TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP (TCO)
- 70% of the rolling resistance value is in the casing
- Retreads deliver approximately 90% of the mileage of a new tire
REDUCE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Reduce / Save 100 million+ gallons of oil annually*
- Millions of tires that would end up in landfills yield thousands more miles*
WHY MICHELIN® RETREAD TECHNOLOGIES?
Our innovative retread process creates retreads you can trust to save money and keep your trucks on the road. Utilizing Michelin's new-tire design technology, proven tread designs and new-tire manufacturing standards, the MICHELIN® Retread Technologies (MRT) retread process delivers reliable retreads, designed for your application to help you maximize your tire assets.
- Low rolling resistance, SmartWay® verified retreads for maximum fuel efficiency
- Michelin proprietary technology that yields multiple retreads
- Monitored and audited, 9-step manufacturing process delivers uniform results
- Increased accountability of your assets with Bib Tread mobile on-site digital app
- Consistent, nationwide retread warranty backed by Michelin
MRT 9-STEP MANUFACTURING PROCESS
1– INITIAL INSPECTION
Every casing, every detail, inspected every time – Enables trained operators to detect subtle irregularities that may indicate internal damage such as zippers
MRT - Initial inspection
Computer automated, guided by casing-specific database and sensors – Provides under tread of optimal profile, depth, and texture
MRT - Buffing
3– CASING INTEGRITY
SHEAROGRAPHY – Two-step laser photography performed on every tire - Reveals belt separations or blisters within the belts or other not visible areas.
MRT - Casing Integrity Analysis (CIA) - Shearography
Available and used when needed – Allows visual inspection of the steel belts within the casing
MRT - X ray
Best practice repairs – Thermal curing along with mechanical pressure exceeds industry standards
MRT - Repair
6– TREAD BUILDING
Uses MICHELIN® tire tread - Combines two operations into one: applying hot cushion gum and pre-molded tread
MRT - Tread Building
Unique use of inner envelope applies pressure to both sides of the repair – Ensures every retread surface undergoes uniform pressure and temperature
MRT - Double enveloping
Computer controlled for minimum temperature variations – Achieves optimal uniformity and enhances full integration of all repairs
MRT - Curing
9– FINAL INSPECTION
Assurance of the best retread every time – Thorough inspection of crown, sidewall, bead and interior - we make sure your retread is for the road.
MRT - Final inspection
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Submission Confirmed! Your message has been submitted.
Thank you for contacting Michelin