MICHELIN X ONE XDS 2 Pre-Mold Retread
The Michelin X ONE XDS 2 Pre-Mold drive axle retread is designed for extreme winter conditions to promote driver confidence and security while capitalizing on the enhanced fuel and weight savings of a new generation wide based tire.
WHAT IS RETREAD / RECAP?
The X ONE XDS 2 Pre-Mold Retread utilizes Michelin Retread Technologies’ 9-step manufacturing process to ensure the retreat, sometimes referred to as a recap, recapped tire or remold, meets new-tire manufacturing standards. By having your fleet’s tires retreaded or recapped, you can protect your bottom line and the planet by helping reduce the millions of tires that are discarded in landfills each year. Click here to find a Michelin Retread tire dealer near you.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
REFERENCE MATERIALS - DOCUMENTS
Optimized Traction for Snow
1. Matrix Sipes provide inter-locking action which offers excellent traction and even wear.
2. Zig-Zag Groove Walls provide optimized biting edges and excellent water and snow evacuation.
3. Full Depth Sipes provide excellent traction throughout the life of the tread.
4. V-Shaped Transverse Shoulder Grooves promotes stone, mud, and snow evacuation.
Increased payload (2)
The X One advantage with no loss in traction
Same legendary snow traction as the Michelin XDS 2+ Pre-Mold.(1)
Potential Weight Savings - 365 lbs more payload than dual tires.(2)
Michelin X ONE XDS 2 Pre-Mold Retread / Recap
Michelin Retread Technologies, Inc. National Limited Warranty and Enhanced Michelin X One Casing Warranty
Michelin Retread Technologies Quick Reference Tread Guide
Pre Mold Process
Also known as a "pre-cure" process. Tread rubber used in this process is molded and pre-cured by the tread rubber manufacturer, Michelin Retread Technologies (MRT). The appropriate tread is selected – design, width, thickness – and applied to a prepared casing. The casing is prepared by placing a cushion gum bonding layer between the tread and casing. The tire then moves to the chamber for curing.
(1) Based on 3PMSF ECE certified ISO test procedure, snow traction results for X One XDS®2 Pre-Mold and XDS®2+ Pre-Mold duals were statistically equal compared to Standard Reference Test Tire.
(2) Based on replacing eight Michelin XDS®2+ dual retreads on 11R22.5 casings with Alcoa® Ultra ONE® wheels with four Michelin X ONE® XDS®2 retreads on 455/55R22.5 casings with Alcoa® Ultra ONE® Wheels. Actual results may vary.
(3) Tread widths with two measurements have wings. The first number is tread base width in mm. The second number is the overall width, wing tip to tip.