Mounting and dismounting tires
Precautions for mounting and dismounting your construction, industrial or mining tires.
Correct mounting, carried out according to the recommended operating procedures and in compliance with the safety regulations, provides excellent protection for personnel and equipment, and allows use of the tire's full potential.
Incorrect fitting can cause damage to tires, vehicle and/or people; therefore, it is imperative that these procedures are completed by trained personnel with the appropriate equipment. Michelin tube tires must be fitted with an appropriate flap and tube combination.
In all cases, always refer to the technical instructions of the wheel manufacturer, the vehicle manufacturer, and the operating manual of the mounting equipment.
edito construction 1 help and advice
- Always be equipped with their protective gear
- Make sure that the vehicle is stopped, engine is off, and securely parked (parking brake, wheel chock, jack, etc.).
edito photo de montage pneu help and advice
Precautions for dismounting
When removing the vehicle wheel:
- If the tire is paired or if the rim is visibly damaged, totally deflate before removing mounted tire (by removing the valve body). Failure to observe this warning can lead to accidents with serious consequences.
- Make sure that the tire temperature is safe for removal and dismantling.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and dismounting instructions.
When removing the vehicle tire:
- Before any procedure, totally deflate the tire by completely removing the valve body.
Precautions for mounting
1. Make sure that the wheel and its components are in good condition
2. Check the compatibility of the tire and wheel (wheel/tire fitment) and the pressure capacity of the wheel
3. Observe the positions, mounting direction, direction of rotation and instructions if they are marked on the sides of the tires
4. For tubeless multi-piece wheels, replace the O-ring seal
5. For tubeless installation:
- with a rubber valve, must be systematically replaced
- with a metal valve, check the tightness and replace the valves or seals if necessary
6. After mounting the wheel on the vehicle, the wheel must be tightened with a torque wrench to the optimum torque specified by the vehicle manufacturer.